We are experts when it comes to making information accessible to all levels of learners. We build engaging learning experiences, and have developed materials to teach children about the hazards of electricity, to teach entrepreneurialship to high school students, and to teach writing to business professionals.
Our instructional techniques are based on concept→application. We introduce the concept, then allow learners to apply what they’ve learned through practice. Whether learning is online or classroom-based, we make sure students have opportunities to actively practice what they are learning.
Here’s an overview of our approach:
- We work with Subject Matter Experts to identify what students need to learn
- We develop objectives and ensure content matches those objectives
- We revise and rewrite content to shape it for learning needs
- We structure content and activities for student learning
- We create media to support learning (visual aids, and various multimedia for e-learning and online)
- We develop assessments (not just tests!)
- We adapt instructional materials created for one format to another format (classroom-based to online, self-paced training)
- We reuse content across training and user materials to ensure concepts are explained in similar ways
In addition to developing educational materials, both Paul LeBel and Pamela Kostur are experienced instructors. We understand how people learn, and our instructional design supports learners’ needs for both explanation and practice.