Our workshops and conferences
We’ve developed several customized workshops for companies, helping them to restructure manuals, reuse content, prepare content for a move to a content management systems, and improve their documentation.
RESTRUCTURING CLINICAL DOCUMENTATION
Sanofi’s medical writers wanted to restructure their clinical documentation to ensure consistency throughout, and to simplify language. Pamela developed and led a structured writing workshop taking them through an analysis of their content to identify reusable components, and showing them how to structure and reuse content consistently.
EXPLORING CONTENT REUSE
Pamela instructed the SeaChange technical writing team in content reuse and structured authoring techniques, emphasizing the role of information architecture and metadata.
Interactive Intellience’s writing and training teams wanted to unify content that both teams use. Pamela developed and taught a structured writing workshop, focusing on unifying content across teams and applying consistent structures and metadata.
TREATING CONTENT AS A BUSINESS ASSET
Pamela developed and teaches the course Treating Content as a Business Asset for the University of Toronto’s iSchool Certificate in Information Management. Pamela can also customize the course for your organization, focusing on your content, your audiences, and your goals.
Pamela is also a regular presenter at conferences. Recent presentations include:
- “Connecting Content to the Customer Experience.” 2013 Gilbane Conference on Content and the Digital Experience
- “Content Tactics: Moving Beyond Strategy.” STC (Society for Technical Communication) Annual Conference 2012
- “Making Content Matter.” STC Rochester’s Regional Conference 2012
- “Structured Authoring: A First Step to Content Management.” (Mary Craig, co-presenter). STC Annual Conference 2011
- “Treating Content as a Business Asset.” STC Rochester’s Regional Conference 2011, repeated as an STC Live Web Seminar April 2011